Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Halloween Party Planning

This year, my cousin and I are hosting a Halloween party. (I have been told that I am co-hosting). At this stage, we are just researching and coming up with as many ideas as we can. Then we will weed out the bad ones and do something overly fantastic and fun.

We have decided upon the venue – downstairs at my cousin’s house. Hopefully we will be able to get some really nice halloweeney decorations happening. For the moment we have decided upon black lights, candles and cocktails. We’re thinking some nice green beverages with maybe a bit of dry ice. But it really depends on what we can get. And there is going to be food.  I am looking for some gruesome and theme types of food. So lately I have been scouring the internet for recipes. At this stage one idea is for some form of gluggy jelly made to look like congealed blood.

Then there is the preparing of costumes. Thankfully I only have to pull together a couple this year. Mum is going to re-use her Fairy Godmother costume and Dad is going to re-use his Grim Reaper costume. I just have to get something together for me and my brother. He is going to be a member of the Spanish Inquisition. – Should be good. I have already got the pattern and all the fabric. And it should be pretty easy to put together. I’m just a bit worried about getting the hat right.

But I don’t want spoil it for anyone coming so everything will be lips sealed until after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment