Monday, May 5, 2008

Crinoline Workshop

Yesterday we had our crinoline workshop. I did not actually work on my crinoline (Kerry was the only one who did), but I did manage to get quite a bit done. I did work on my crinoline at home last night and it is almost done. I just have a lot of hand stitching to do, and I was happily going along when I pricked my finger and kept bleeding all over it. So I gave up for the night. But, back to the workshop, my natural form Victorian skirt is complete with trims (there will be photos of the complete outfit). I used pleated ribbon, silk strips and velvet ribbon. I am really happy with how it looks and cannot wait to wear the whole complete outfit. But that will have to wait until the bodice is complete. I have been working on it today and it is almost done. I just need to do the buttons, trims, a smidge of hand sewing and ironing. I took an age to do all the trims but it is finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment