Friday, August 8, 2008

YAY Friday

Well the week is almost over. Yay Friday. I am determined to get motivated this weekend and make progress on some of my upcoming projects. I have had three afternoons off this week and I managed to get quite a bit done. My few lolita pieces that I had cut out are done or almost done and I am partially through some mending, an underbust corset and a vintage dress. Quite the accomplished little sewer I was this week. Though I do have a rather large pile of hand sewing just sitting in my room.

On the plus side, Tuesday night at our meeting we started planning out the remainder of the year. I think we have November free. That will be about it, and even then, I will be doing a Melbourne cup outfit for work that day. The only thing I need to do now is work out what I am doing for each of our events. Regency and pirate are covered. Wild west I am fixing up and re-using and I have made a start on my crinoline dress. Apart from that I have to decide what I am going to wear for Halloween. So many to choose from, and if I get desperate, I can always re-wear something.

Speaking of my regency and pirate. They are the first ones to come up so I intend to fully focus on them. My pirate is pretty much done, all I have to do is make up the new pants (which are cut out and sitting in the sewing room). I am hoping to get them done this weekend, maybe even tonight. My regency is going to be a bit more complicated. I have drawn up all the patterns that I will be using, so at least that is a first step taken care of. My chemise is done (easiest bit). And I fully intend to sit down and cut out the rest of it all this weekend. Dress, bonnet, spencer. I may even try to get over to spotlight some time so that I can be all stocked up for our ekka public holiday. (YAY day of sewing). I guess my biggest procrastination is that I am desperate to make new Lolita pieces. It is like an addiction. Not only am I buying second hand pieces, I am making them too. But once my collection is a bit bigger, I think I will feel more satisfied. It really comes down to because I lost weight, my existing ones became way too big, and until I take them in, I have like one complete outfit. The more I have to alternate with, the happier I will be. But if I can get my projects done on time, I will have time to do some vintage and lolita dresses. :) Must remember to get some photos of my Lolita outfits up on my blog too. Hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment