Saturday, September 13, 2008

Regency Gentleman Part 1

I am now starting to feel a bit more secure about getting all of my regency pieces together. I have even managed to get quite a bit done on my dad's outfit. So far I have the vest.... Thanks to my mum for covering the buttons for me. I have never done it before and was at a bit of a loss as to where to begin. I guess one day I will need to cover some buttons myself, but for the moment : )
And the cravat...

Made of silk dupion and a sort of golden colour to help bring out the golden tones in the vest. I made it super long so that there is enough to go around the neck twice and then knot in front.And finally, the shirt....

I am very pleased with how this turned out. And I am very proud of my little thread button loops (another first for me). I used a nice heavy (but light) 100% cotton, so it should be nice and cool. And best of all, it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment