Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Montville - Crinoline

As I mentioned, we were staying in Montville for the weekend at this beautiful house. It was fully contained, with beautiful gardens, a very comfortable couch and a fabulous view...

But onto Sunday, and I guess the main focus of our weekend away. We were dressed in our crinolines, ranging from 1850s to late 1860s. And believe me when I say that we were the talk of the town. If you think that we normally get a lot of attention when we attend events in costume, it has nothing on Montville. But it was a huge ego boost and if you are an attention whore, then I would suggest traversing the main street of Montville in a historical dress. It was almost as if we had become one of the sights to see. We had many a photo taken and were tooted and waved at. Not to mention taking a heap of photos ourselves. And speaking of which, the first one of the day, the ladies performing their morning grooming...


But onto the ladies in pretty dresses...
 As for mine, I was very pleased with how it turned out. And it was the very first time that I actually got to wear my elliptical crinoline as an undergarment in a whole outfit. All my fabric is 100% cotton, so it is surprisingly cool to wear. (The corset does make it a smidge uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, but I do not mind too much.) One of my favourite parts it that I actully doubled the front and back of my blouse which meant that I didn't have to worry about making a corset cover (time saver). Oh and I am really happy with how the colours go together, and I am rather glad that I used the purple of the skirt as bias on the swiss waist and on the cuff of my blouse, as it really ties it all in nicely. And since I had so much of the bias, I used it on my hat too. I just love the little bird on it. :)

After strolling up the main street, we stopped off at Poets for Lunch. The food was fabulous, but I never imagined that Kerry could fit so much food in while still being tight laced into a corset. I only wish that I got before and after photos so that you would believe the amount she put away.

After lunch, we made our way up to the beautiful lookout over the Sunshine Coast. It was very windy, but we managed to get quite a few photos taken up there.

And our fashion plate shots...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment