Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday 9th

Phew. First week back after the holidays is gone. And it was a rather boring one for me as everyone in my section is away. But I did manage to catch up on some of my outstanding paperwork. I dropped my parents off to the airport on Thursday morning (5.30am thank-you very much for the early wake up), so this weekend I have the house pretty much to myself to get stuck into my sewing pile. And best of all, there is now a new down-light installed that points directly at my machine. Late night sewing, here I come.

Aside from all that, I do have a few sewing aspirations for the weekend. I am hoping to get my 1830s corset finished (bought the binding yesterday), and make a start on my new Victorian corset. At least that way I can make a start on drafting up my patterns. But until I have the new corset, I am at a bit of a standstill. I have also got a few other pieces of clothes that have just been sitting in my sewing room waiting to be made up, so I am hoping that I can get them finished this weekend as well. Mainly because as of next weekend I will be on leave for just over a week. I am planning petticoats, and supernova costumes to begin with, though I may need to make a trip over to spotlight sometime next week in anticipation of this sewing bonanza. Hmmm, well I shall leave you now and get stuck into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment