Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vintage Afternoon Tea

And because I have been super slack these last couple of days, I am only just now getting around to posting pictures. Last Friday afternoon saw me heading over to Donna's place to start getting dolled up for a retro afternoon out on the town. After flipping through her new vintage hairstyling book (which I now have on order too) I picked out my challenge and started to get ready. I tell you now, it wasn't easy trying to do my hair without a mirror, but Kerry helped with the pinning up, and I think we ended up with something good. I got all done up in my new peach 1940s dress along with a couple of my vintage fashion fair finds - gloves and hat. We then headed on into the city to meet up with Cat at the Shingle Inn for tea. A bit of wandering around, and we ended up at the Brisbane arcade and having a second set of tea at Room With Roses Cafe. The atmosphere is just lovely there, and calls for a future outing in historical costume. Maybe something Victorian or Edwardian.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dress and hat! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you. I have so many vintage hats, but nothing to wear them with. My current aim is to actually make matching dresses for them all, but this could take some time.

    ReplyDelete