Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Robin Hood... Medieval?



Movies. It has been a few months since I last saw one at the cinema; and when my cousin invited me to go along to see the new Robin Hood movie in costume, it struck me as a fantastic idea. It is not very often that you get the chance to dress up to see a movie. And it's not really the sort of thing that I would do by myself as I would feel like a giant knob.

It was a great opportunity for me to wear my medieval gown from last year again. Mind you, I spent half an hour on the weekend taking it in so that it would fit and look decent. As for the movie, I thought that it was pretty neat. The battle scenes were very accurate, but the costumes left a lot to be desired. And Russell Crowe was not who I would have liked to see in this role. I enjoyed it at any rate. Though, getting home after midnight was not fun when I had to be up at 6.30 to get to work today. I felt like I kept dozing off at my computer all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment