Thursday, August 4, 2011

The masked ball

Another event that I recently attended was the annual Heritage Ball. For this event, the code of dress is ball gowns - and anything colonial will do. It pretty much covers from your 1840s and crinoline era through to bustle. The theme this year was a mask. I once again had a lovely time and look forward to going again next year. (The first photo is my mum re-wearing the pink silk bustle that I made for her last year - but I decorated a mask to match for her).
Last year, I went with the bustle option, but this year I didn't want to make anything new and instead opted to pull an already made costume out of my wardrobe. Namely, my tartan silk crinoline ball ensemble. I have only worn it as an evening outfit once in the past at proclamation day last year. I did however make a mask to go with it. Unfortunately my dad couldn't make it along, he was the last to get the head-cold that I had been suffering all week. As it was, I was only up to light dancing and we had to bow out and leave early.


No comments:

Post a Comment