Thursday, October 20, 2011

Steamed Tea

A few weekends ago, a couple of our fellow Australian Costumers Guild members were up visiting from Adelaide and looking for a way to fill their Sunday. We came to the rescue with a Steampunk outing. We met in at the French Twist at Roma Street for lunch. The shop has a lovely victoriana feel to it, but unfortunately they don't like you taking photos inside. The food was lovely though and the company even better. We had a great time and took a lot of photos.

I wore my one and only complete Steampunk ensemble - The Key Maid. It's a costume that I am completely happy with and 100% pleased to wear. It also happens to be inordinately fun to wear as I simply adore my long blue curly wig. It's one that I bought a long time ago on ebay when I first started costuming. It has sat for so long in my wig box just waiting to be worn and last time I wore the key maid, I hunting for a wig to wear and decided that it would be perfect. Now it has pretty much become a staple part of my costume. I am however looking at putting together a new Steampunk costume or two but that certainly won't happen any time soon - what with my calendar booked up each weekend right into November. Add to that the couple of projects I have for my Christmas Parties and I won't really have much time to put together anything else new until my Christmas break. I can safely say that it looks set to be a busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment