Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Edwardian Stays reach completion

My Edwardian projects are underway. The stays are complete. They are made of a white stripe weave fabric, 2 layers of white quilting cotton, and the lining layer. I used up some pink sweets scraps for the lining - just cause I like the prettiness. It has 1.2cm wide boning channels with sprung steel inserted. The bright red lacing will be replaced, it was just the only stuff that I had on hand.

As for the fit, it was supposed to be quite a bit bigger on me so that my attempts at weight loss would mean that the stays had extra lacing room. There should have actually been more of a 3 or 4 inch lacing gap. I guess my only other disappointment is that the waist is a little on the big side for me. I am really pleased with it through the hip though - it really smooths me out in the front and it actually reduces my hip measurement. If I have time, I might consider making a smaller one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment