Monday, September 17, 2012

A Regency Ball

Well, I didn't make it to the regency ball a couple of weekends ago - unfortunately I was laid up in bed with a headache that would not go away, so instead spent the evening sleeping. But my Mum and Dad still went, and from the photos that they took and what I have heard from the attendees, it seems that everyone had a lovely time. I stumbled out of bed long enough to help my parents get into their gear and send them on their way. My dad wore his cream and brown regency suit - the jackets are just so form fitting that you someone to physically lift it up onto your shoulders for you. And my mum wore her yellow gown with black open robe, but because it is a drawstring gown, she needs help getting into it. I also quickly whipped up a hairstyle for her - I was going for something along the lines of Judi Dench in the 2005 Pride and Prejudice with a style closer to late Georgian, and it just so happened that I had a bright yellow feather in my stash to pop in mum's hair.

Here are my mum's photos from the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment