Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Next up

Next on the Agenda is the Abbey Medieval Festival this weekend. Originally, I was planned to attend all weekend, but since I have been so sick and am still not 100%, I have decided to cut it back to only attend one day. I just can’t afford to take more time off if I get sick. As it is, I have not been able to get all of the sewing done that I was planning. Last weekend, I struggled with making appropriate headwear – cursing over 5 patterns before finally throwing in the towel and moving onto something else.

At any rate, the plan is for 15th Century European. Thankfully, I already have one kirtle and gown that I am able to wear. Shoes are taken care of too, but I don’t have the time to make a pair of hose – they require far too much fitting for me to get done this week after work. I did however get a pair of horns made as my headwear (I adore the horned styles) and am currently working on hemming my hankie linen veil. Supposing that I get the time this week, I would really like to make a shift. I have it already cut out, but just haven’t had the time or energy to make it. And, at this rate, the second kirtle that I was working on will be taken along as my sewing project for the day. After all, our encampment is to be set up as a group of fabric merchants and seamstresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment