Monday, September 2, 2013

Strawberries in August

What do you do when the weather turns sunny as spring approaches on a Sunday afternoon in sunny Queensland? Why you go strawberry picking. In Regency.

The weekend before last, a good friend of mine hosted her birthday party at Strawberry Fields, on the sunshine coast (about an hour drive north from my home). And, as we are re-enactors and costumers and do love to dress up, she decided to go with a regency theme for the day. We all dressed up in our finery and met for an afternoon picnic of strawberries.

I chose my most appropriate gown for the afternoon – long sleeves and high neck to protect against the sun, and red and white – the perfect colours for picking strawberries. While, my mum dressed in her green gown and my dad in his blue coat. As you can see below, I got a good number of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment