Tuesday, December 24, 2013

White Linen

I’ve been a little off track lately with my sewing. Instead of working on my next project (for New Year) I’ve been getting a few other projects done. One such project is a couple of new regency chemises. Lately I have noticed when wearing my regency chemises, they have a tendency to smell a little bit sweaty under the arms when my body heats up. I think it’s just a matter of wear over so many years use. All the ones I have are still the same ones that I made when I first started costuming regency. And so, I thought it was high time to whip up a couple of new ones.

Over the last year, I have been buying up pieces of thin white linen when I spotted it. One piece was in particular for another project (a Christmas gift) while the rest was to be put away for undergarments. So, a few weeks ago, I dug out what I had left and cut out a couple of chemises. I still use the gold old simplicity pattern for them, since I know that it works, and I went to the trouble of flat lining all of my seams as it seems to strengthen them and help everything sit a little neater.
All in all, my two new chemises have turned out well. I’m kinda looking forward to wearing them at my next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment