Monday, March 24, 2014

Vintage Fashion Time

It's been quite a while since I last went to a vintage fair, so when a discount coupon arrived in my inbox, I decided it was high time that I made the effort again. And I managed to convince a couple of my friends to make the trip with me.

So, on Friday evening, I got all frocked up in my 1930s dress and victory rolls, picked up my girls from work and made the trip over to Mount Gravatt. I was actually quite restrained and didn't buy anything for myself this time, but it was still lovely to wander around and check out all the amazing clothing (that will never fit me) and beautiful hats.

One thing that I like about this particular vintage fair is that they always put together an exhibition of some sort. This time, it was 1940s wartime fashions:

Before we headed home for the day, we made a stop off at the tearoom for a spot of tea and cake. There were also a few vintage magazines on the tables for our viewing and giggling pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment