Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014, In Review

It's been a few years since I started doing this, but who doesn't love a year in review post?! This year my sewing took a bit of a dive in the amount that I could get done since I became a uni student. (Must focus on the studies at some point). But I still surprise myself at how much new projects I have made this year (and this doesn't include the stuff that I made to wear everyday). I've re-worn a lot of costumes this year so that I could still attend events even when I didn't have much time to prepare, so below I've only included photos of the new stuff.

1930s blue spot dress | 1940s lemon linen dress


1870s Bustle Evening Gown (Re-do) | Spelled Galadriel


Tinkerbell (Once Upon A Time) | Princess Leia Endor Trooper


1870s Bustle Frame & Petticoat


1790s Red Spencer | 1790s Blue Open Robe


Princess Jasmine Betrothal Gown | 1950s evening dress


Padme Packing Gown (Star Wars Ep 2) | Steampunk Black Widow


1970s Jumpsuit | Hello Kitty Outfit


Pinup Elsa | Miku - Christmas Version

I'm looking forward to the new year and what it will bring. I've already got a lot of my costumes planned out, but then the list is always in flux as I reserve the right to change my mind (I am a woman, and it is my prerogative). See you all on the other side of the new year!

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented!
    Amazing how much you have achieved, despite study!
    Have you heard of the Curvy Sewing Collective? Would definitely be worth adding your blog to their blogroll of suggested readers, I've had loads of new readers just from being on their list, but you'll probably like reading some of their body-positive posts too.
    http://curvysewingcollective.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I hadn't heard of the Curvy Sewing Collective. It's a marvellous idea. Thanks for directing me there. :)

      Delete